We all know that eating healthy foods, along with daily exercise, is the key to living a long and healthy life. But owing to our daily hectic routines and busy schedules, we usually end up making wrong food choices. Lack of time, laziness to cook and low energy levels are few of the common reasons which compel us to choose the unhealthy foods.Here are some simple ways which can help you on how to keep your foods as healthy as poosible.
Healthy cooking is also as important as healthy eating when it comes to living a long and healthy life. Readon to find about the various ways on how to keep you foods as healthy as possible. The foods which you cook, if are not cooked in a healthy manner can serve no purpose, as far as the health benefits are concerned. Here are some excellent tips for healthy eating and keeping your food as healthy as possible
1. Cutting down on your cooking oil is a key to healthy eating. Using a pan made of non-stick metal or a pan coated with a non-stick surface for cooking, it is one of the best ways to cut down oil. The other simple way is to grill, boil or steam your food instead of frying it. In case you do need to use oil in your daily cooking, choose oils that are low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fats, such as Olive oil or Sunflower oil.
2. Reduce consumption of dietary fat, especially saturated fat and cholesterol. Choose low-fat cheeses and milk and use low-cholesterol dairy and egg substitutes whenever possible. Choose chicken, turkey, fish over red meat.
3. As far as healthycooking practice is concerned, always cook foods at lower temperatures than higher temperatures as the nutrients are better preserved at low temperatures. Never eat the roasted or fried food directly. Place a kitchen napkin or tissue paper on a plate and then put the roasted or fried food on the plate. This will ensure that the excess oil is absorbed by the paper.
4. Select complex carbohydrates like whole grains, brown rice over simple carbohydrates like white bread and white rice, as it prevents sudden spike in blood sugar. This is particularly helpful for those suffering from high blood sugar.
5. Consume foods that are rich in dietary fiber such as oats, cereals, fruits and green leafy vegetables. Consumption of fiber, especially the soluble type benefits those suffering from high blood sugar, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
6. Reduce intake of salt and sugar. Consumption of excessive salt has been linked to high blood pressure. Avoid sweetened beverages to quench your thirst, as they are also loaded with junk calories. Instead, drink fresh lemon juice with minimum quantity of salt and sugar.
To stay healthy not only choose the healthy foods and healthy snacks, but also cook them in a healthy manner. So from now on simply follow these simple tips with regards to healthy eating and healthy cooking. Stay fit and fine , and live a long and healthy life by keeping your food as healthy as possible.